The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Out of the mouth of our babe...

Mornings are one of my favorite times of the day with Lil guy...when he wakes up I usually bring him into my bed with me for "snuggle time" sometimes we fall back to sleep or we just lay there, often we make pretend coffee for mama (he knows what his mama likes!), mostly we just talk and snuggle.  Yesterday morning he said one of the cutest things EVER- I was telling him that mornings are one of my favorite times of the day with him cause we get to cuddle together.
I asked him, "When you get bigger will you still snuggle with me?" 
Lil guy- " I little" 
Me- "Yes, you are my little baby."
Lil guy- "You my big mama."

Too cute! Hubby thinks that's great and has claimed it as a new nickname for me...ummm don't think so honey -but it was cute out of lil guys mouth.
 

Later at night while getting him ready for bed Lil guy asked me, "You happy?"
I said "Yes, I am with you- are you happy?"
Lil guy, "Yes."
Me, "Why are you happy?"
Lil guy, "Cause she's (points to 3rd blessing) happy."
I said, "What makes you happy?"
Lil guy, "Um, God...Zeezus (Jesus)
Me(tears in eyes),  "Oh, bless your heart."
Lil guy starts singing the song I have song to him often at night since coming home we call
Bless You song...
 
Adoption is not always easy, it is not a one time event - it is a lifetime, BUT it is moments like these that warms our hearts and makes it sooo worth it.  Thanking the Lord for putting Lil Guy in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading through your blog. Thanks for sharing it! Your kids are getting so big, I hardly recognize them anymore!

    ReplyDelete