The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Monday, December 3, 2012

Black Friday Blessing

I was not going to venture out shopping the day after Thanksgiving, however one of my crafting daughters saw that flannel was going to be 75% off and has been wanting to make us all PJ's for Christmas morning....Daddy couldn't say no - so off goes this Momma at 5:30 in the morning with blessing #2 & 3 to J*Fabrics.
 
We got flannel for us all to have "matching" PJ's for our annual Christmas morning picture in front of the tree...but I spotted the cutest flannel I just "HAD" to have for my lil in China.

just way too cute!
 I bought enough to make her a quilt and maybe a ruffled skirt...and if she ends up being a he - well then my big girls will get cute PJ pants!
 
While getting the fabric cut the Lord so blessed my heart  (especially seeing we have been dealing with an unexpected change in our family requiring weekly therapy for one of our littles & adding more demands to my already full days at home - I have been feeling super stretched and kinda defeated lately) SO anyways...while the lady was cutting the fabric we were chit chatting, this other employee walks by - stops and says "what cute fabric!" So I agreed and mentioned that we were adopting from China and what I was gonna do with the fabric if it ends up being a girl. The one lady says, "Congratulations that is wonderful, I love hearing that someone is gonna get a nice home and to know they will have a family".  I mention that this is our 2nd adoption we have a son from Ethiopia also...with that #2 & #3 walk up she looks at them questioningly I explain we have 4 biological also.  With that she gets all excited and says "Oh bless you - no wonder I saw diamonds in your crown!" The other lady who has been quite goes "Amen!". 
 
 I LOVE HOW THE LORD SHOWS UP WHERE AND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT! 
 
I left there feeling so blessed and encouraged, that even though I may feel defeated - what I am doing does matter-to God.  He sees all I do and gives me the strength as I serve my family that He has blessed me with, as I devote time to my little who needs extra right now, as I home school, as I love and support my husband...it matters to God. 
Also I left there challenged and praying "Lord, let my service be pleasing to you...may you delight in how I serve the family you have blessed me with.  When I see you face to face may I hear the words "well done good and faithful servant" as I lay a crown at your feet."

No comments:

Post a Comment