The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Monday, January 21, 2013

Journey...





"For I know the plans I have for you...to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

That was the verse that kept going through my mind just minutes before we got the call for blessing #5. I love this verse because the Lord does know the plans He has for our family.

I saw this frame while hubby and I were Christmas shopping and hubby got it for me.  I have it sitting out empty for now and soon it will hold the picture of our new lil ones face. I like it for two reasons...first the word - Journey - adoption is a journey and it does not end once you have the child home - it is life long.  Journey because of who you become as a person when you follow God's plans for you. Secondly, seeing that verse gives me comfort and reminds me that God has all the details worked out and I don't need to worry, I can trust Him. 


I thought for sure that seeing I am a old pro at this adopting thing I would not have a problem with the waiting...um-sure as long as everything is going according to my plan.
Unexpected delays are a part of the adoption journey-they just are...no getting around them-so again I thought for sure I wouldn't have a problem there either. I know in my heart that God already has the child planned for us - in His timing- it will all be according to His perfect plan.


These past couple weeks have been really tough on this journey as I once again had to learn that I am not in control and that I need to relax.  

No comments:

Post a Comment