The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Open Letter to my Coffee (link up)

Today I am linking up with The Open Letter Campaign-you write a letter about anything serious or funny! We met John and Lauren on our 1st trip to Ethiopia they were with the same agency as us-in fact we both got our referrals the same day!Open Letter Campaign
 
I was going to write something serious (like a letter to my mom-hope you are feeling better Mom)…but decided to write something silly –but still significant in my life.
                                         
imageimageDear Coffee,
Thank you for being my friend for helping me to see (literally and figuratively) the morning with a better attitude. So glad to have you beside me during my quiet time with the Lord each morning. I am so thankful when I see you waiting on my counter for me. I am so glad my husband bought me the Keur*g two years ago so I can enjoy your goodness anytime I “need” you. I like everything about you –your smell, your taste, the warmth you provide on a cold day. So sad we have to part ways…my doctor told me he thinks it would be better for me to not have you in my life anymore - I will miss you. Thanks for helping me through long nights and tired days with my babies, late nights studying while in college, during our home study visits, long debate weekends with my son, driving in the car and over sweet conversations with friends.  I will miss you, Carrie

Hope you all have a blessed weekend – the t-shirt sale for Anna has been extended until Mon. Feb. 25th so there is still time to help out this family. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Life without coffee? I'm so sad for you! I wrote my first "open letter" for this series about coffee as well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I gave up Diet Dr. Pepper a few months ago so now I drink more coffee than ever. I love it too.
    By the way, we brought home our son from Ethiopia last March and are wanting to adopt again. We also have four bio kids. Seems like we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete