The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Monday, May 27, 2013

WE DID IT!

IMG_7129
IMG_7151
We recently graduated our 1st child from our homeschool! It was such a joyous evening for us. When the Lord directed us to homeschool our children our oldest had just finished 2nd grade. I knew homeschooling would not always be easy but also knew the time we have with our children under our roof would go so quickly. Also, I know that when they all are gone from our home I will not look back and regret the time and energy it took to homeschool them. I have no regrets and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend everyday with our 1st blessing(and all our children). He is such a fine young man---he humbles us, it is only because of the Lord that he is who he is and not because of us. We are so thankful the for the good work the Lord has done in our son’s life.

Here is his bio  along with the thank you our son wrote to us that was read at the ceremony:
(blessing #1) was born -------1994. He received Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior in 2003 and was baptized in 2004. (blessing#1) received a scholarship to ________College in _____where he will be attending the next 4 years; he is prayerfully considering going into ministry or law. (blessing #1) passion in life is to glorify God by enjoying Him forever.

Mom and Dad; first and foremost, thank you so much for raising me in the fear of the Lord. My relationship with Christ is the most precious thing I have-I’m (literally) eternally grateful for your shining His light so that I could see it as well. Thank you for giving me a desire to learn (and a library card to do so). I love you; may God bless you as much as He has me through you.

It doesn’t get any better than that. We thank the Lord for guiding us to homeschool and to see the fruit in our son has made this journey so worth it. It was not originally our plan that our children would go away to college but things just happened in ways that can not be explained other than the Lord orchestrating them - so we are so very excited to see what the Lord has planned for our sons future.  
IMG_7102IMG_7124
We feel so blessed that our children's grandparents are able to be involved in their lives.



1 comment: