The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Friday, September 6, 2013

We have a new lil daughter – the call!!!

Copy (1) of ¦   ¦¼1

Our case manager had called us last Thursday  to let us know that 16 children all in foster cares from the our agency’s recent orphanage one on one partnership were going to be logged into the Chinese data base in 2 months. In the meantime she could share files with us after they were translated into English which was suppose to take 2-3 weeks – and that we would just receive a soft referral at that point until they were in the data base. We were the family that had login date the longest open to either gender so we discussed the probability of her showing us 3 specific files, which hubby and I felt was best because we really want this to be God’s leading verses us picking a gender.

So at 11:30ish Tuesday morning we got“the call” from our case manager…we were normally going about our day the girls were doing their school lessons and lil guy was just starting to watch his one morning TV program. I was actually in my basement when she first called my cell – I could tell it was her from the Chinese music ring tone I have set – I ran up the basement stairs to have missed her call but immediately my home phone began to ring, I knew it was her…she never calls my home phone so I knew something was up. I picked up the phone and she asked me if this was a good time to talk (like I would ever tell her no!) which I of course said it was a good time. She then began to excitedly tell me that 4 of the 16  children were already on the database AND 2 of them were the files she wanted to share with me!!!! I had goose bumps all over the whole time she was talking! It was so cute how excited she was to call me- she said she only got 5 hours of sleep cause she couldn’t wait to call me first thing in the morning knowing how long we have waited and how excited we would be!  I love our case manager she is a huge blessing – also her heart for orphans and her love for the Lord is so apparent- she does not view this as a job but a ministry.  So she was sending the files over immediately for us look at and see if one of them was the baby God had for us.

I hung up the phone and by this time the girls had figured out what was going on and were equally excited. Before I even contacted my husband I got a text from one of my friends (who knew about the conversation I had with my case manager the previous Thursday) saying that she couldn’t stop thinking about us since Thursday and she is praying constantly for us! Later after talking to her, she told me prior to sending the text she had just been on her knees praying for us!! I LOVE how the Lord works in the body of Christ! So I then text hubby saying you need to call me because you need to come home. What seemed like forever he finally called – he was also shocked, nervous and excited…he worked it out with his boss so he was able to take the afternoon off. I also then called our son at college telling him that we got the call already and to please pray for us.

Once hubby was home we prayed together and began looking at the files. We are so thankful for the Lords kindness and goodness to us! We were kind of worried about having 2 files to look at and knowing that only 1 could be our child-it felt weird having to pick. However, we had immediate discernment, wisdom and peace and knew she was the one He had planned for our family. We read through the information first and then looked at the pictures, when we opened her picture I literally gasped it took my breath away-there she is the one that is missing from our family! I have read and heard that before about people who find their own children that they just seen them and in their heart they knew…I never understood that until now. Again we prayed and praised God for His direction, His faithfulness to us even when we are not, His love for her and us and how we could see His hand in this.

We then sent her file to our international pediatrician to review knowing in our hearts it really didn’t matter what he said – she was our new little daughter. Then we showed our girls their new little sister – they were so excited and happy. We texted our oldest son at college letting him know he has a new sibling and we set up a time to Skype that evening so we see his face when he saw the pic the 1st time.  After lil guy got up from his nap we showed him as he calls it “his new baby” he was so cute especially with how much he understands…so he is the big brother and wants to know what he can do to take care of “new baby”. We explained that mommy and daddy do most of the taking care so he has decided this is what he going to do: “teach her how to have happy face”, “I gonna teach her how to swim in our pool” and “I can help put her on swing and push her”. We called our case manager to let her know what child's referral we were going to accept but wanted to still talk with doc before making it “official”.

After we showed all the kids the pictures we decided to go celebrate for dinner at a Chinese restaurant – we don’t eat out often so this was a huge treat but the kids loved it trying different Chinese food and attempting to use chop sticks! It was cute they even had little chop sticks for lil guy.

When we got home from dinner and right after we put lil guy to bed our international pediatrician called. He had reviewed the file, all her medicals and pictures - everything looked good. In fact he was actually really happy with her medical and that it was one of the best he had seen in a long time! He felt everything looked excellent and gave us some ideas to help with our bonding. It was just one more confirmation in our minds that she was meant to be ours.

After we talked with the doctor it was time to Skype blessing#1 we emailed him her picture which he opened while we were watching him  which was great! Right away too he said, “aww, she’s so cute!” and he asked his room mate if he wanted to see which he also thought she was cute and said congratulations. We talked more and he is excited that it is a girl that God has put in our family.  Then next morning he called and mentioned how neat it would be if we travel sooner than the 6 months – if during his Christmas break then maybe he could go. (Oh how that would totally overjoy this momma’s heart because when we originally started process we were hoping to travel before he went to college and we really would have loved to take our oldest two. They both knowing that their time with the new baby would be short mentioned wanting to have that special/extra bonding time with their new sibling in China. Please pray that it could happen)

Before going to bed we called our case manager and told her we were going to accept the referral. She was so joyful and somewhat amazed how quickly we made our decision! We both agreed how good God is and I agreed that our daughter was so worth the wait! Twelve hours from when we got the call we fell into bed exhausted and full of joy after the day we had. We are so thankful for the Lords loving kindness, goodness and faithfulness towards our family. We are humbled that He planned for us to be her parents. Once again we are amazed and humbled with His perfect timing and reminded that His plans are always best. Even when it doesn’t seem like anything is happening He is in control. There is more to this referral story…which will come soon.

Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.  Isaiah 25:1

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!! :) My husband is so close to being 30.. Counting down the days.. We are hoping to start next year on our 3rd adoption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:)Wow 3rd adoption-that is wonderful! maybe someday we will be there-my hubby won't let me talk about any more until after she is home:)Thanks for commenting-blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait until you get LOA and can share more. She looks beautiful! Congratulations! You probably have millions of people who have been there, but I have packing lists and a little bit of experience if you need any questions answered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I will definitely take you up on your offer. I will email you soon :)

      Delete
  3. Loved reading this and so excited that you now know who this little one you've been waiting for so long is! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes so glad to know she was worth the wait :)

      Delete