The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Friends

IMG_8519
A couple weeks ago we had dinner with dear friends of ours, it was a great time.  Our families have been friends for 16 years. P and I met when I was invited to a mom’s Bible study that was P’s home, by a woman I used to work with. At that time P and I each only had 2 children! I was not a Christian at the time- I knew about God but not the Gospel message about how Jesus died for me so I could be saved from my sin.  I had never been to a moms Bible study but I so needed the “mom” part…mostly because towards the end of my 2nd pregnancy we moved  to a small town where I didn’t know anyone, none of my friends were moms yet, and after my 2nd child was born I experienced post partum depression…so I totally needed to have some mama friends. Immediately upon entering her home I felt so welcomed P has an amazing gift of hospitality her friendly caring personality put me at ease. She has a gift of making you feel like you’re the only person in the room  by caring about you - without making you feel singled out.We quickly became friends sometimes talking on the phone for hours! We knew our hubbies were similar and would get along great - and were right when within minutes of going out as couples they were telling jokes and laughing together. One of our greatest memories was camping together - and P’s hubby W was singing it was hysterical.

It is because of P that I heard the Gospel message and received Jesus as my personal Savior and was cleansed from my sins. P had invited me to attend Hearts at Home conference with her in 1997-to say that it was a life changing experience is an understatement! I am amazed at how the Lord used P to change the course of my life, my husband and children lives and our future generations. I am so thankful to have the hope that our family will all spend eternity in Heaven worshipping Jesus. So thankful P responded to the need and opened her home for Bible study.

They are the kind of special friends that you do life with – even when life is busy and you may not see each other a lot, you still pray for, think of and when you do talk you can pick up like there has never been a gap of time between you. So thankful the Lord has moved them closer to our neck of the woods! We are looking forward to many more good times and memories together. Love you guys.
IMG_8523
a few of our children

1 comment:

  1. And when your little sister moved near your friend P after a re-start in life, P's kind gesture of a simple housewarming gift is still remembered and cherished. She is a special lady and reading her impact in your life was a nice blessing.

    ReplyDelete