The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Monday, December 30, 2013

our lil girl turns 2 today

Rejoicing that this will be her last birthday without her family…Praising God for our new daughter and all that He has done in her life so far.
2nd Copy (1) of Copy (1) of fei fei 2
Red Thread Poem
A red thread to China was cast today
From us to a child so far away.
This thread symbolizes an attachment of hearts
That distance alone can't keep us apart.


Her mother and I are caught in a chase
That time alone will bring us to face
This loving young child we want so much to greet
With love in our hearts before we did meet.


This tiny, thin thread may stretch, tangle or fray
But our love for her grows stronger each day.
Through the test of time it won't break or sever
She'll be part of us forever and ever.

With oceans between us, the distance is spanned
By a love that is greater than man could have planned.
For God in His mercy loved her and us
And decided our family would be a great plus.

So for now we'll just love her and pray every day
That God keeps her and loves her for us till we may
Travel to China, that land of great past,
To the side of our daughter, to hold her at last.

Dear Little One-How we wish that you were home here with us to celebrate you on your birthday. Soon - we are coming! Next year we will be able to celebrate Christmas and your birthday together. We are excited to see what the Lord has planned for you in your life as you grow. We are humbled to be on this journey again and so blessed to be able to be called your Daddy and Momma. Praying that the Lord wraps you in His love as you turn 2 and prepares your heart for all the changes that are coming your way. Trusting in His care and timing. Love you little one.


We love this song....
Next year we have her in our arms to wish her a Merry Christmas.
 There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Cyin' for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
Where the forgotten are  But half a world away I hang
The stockings by the fire
And dream about the day
When I can finally call you mine It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in His arms
And tell you from my heart, I wish you a Merry Christmas As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white
And make angels in the snow And half a world away you try
Your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come
To carry you here It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in His arms
And tell you from my heart, I wish you a Merry Christmas And Christmas is a time to celebrate the Holy Child
And we celebrate His perfect gift of love
He came to us to give His life and prepare a place for us
So we could have a home with Him above It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And tell you from my heart and I'll tell you from my heart
I wish you a Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment