The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Thursday, February 19, 2015

frozen beauty…and on this day 25 years ago

IMG_4535
Today we drove home from our friends house. We all had such a wonderful time and look forward to our next visit with them.
25 years ago on this day hubby and I met in college…all because of a mouse. I hate mice- like major dislike for them- the “girl” scream kind of hate! Well one of my room mates Sally bought  a small white mouse for a pet to keep in our dorm room (yuck).  Hubby’s room mate Gui and Sally were friends so one night Gui and my hubby came up to see her pet. That is how we met and the rest is history. We started hanging out together a lot with our friends in a group. One day I knew he was at the gym shooting baskets so I went there to shoot some hoops with him…I don’t really like sports but it was fun anyways & he still remembers that day.  In April he asked me out on a date we went to a Mexican restaurant and to see a movie. On November 1, 1990 he asked me to marry him. We got married the following September we took a three day honeymoon to Niagara Falls  because majority of our week after our wedding was to be spent moving us into our new home. So Niagara Falls always holds a special place in our hearts. It is so breath taking and beautiful. We have since been there several times and every season except spring-not sure what season is most beautiful. Our bigger kids all like it too – so we were excited on the way home to be able to show it to Blessing #5 & #6.  It was so cold we couldn’t stay out long at all, but they all wanted to get out and see the Falls.
IMG_4508  IMG_4509
IMG_4513     IMG_4510
IMG_4542  IMG_4538
IMG_4517  IMG_4520
IMG_4515  IMG_4524

No comments:

Post a Comment