The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy 21st Birthday

Our 2nd child and 1st born daughter turned 21 years old!
Today I was thinking about her and the story of her birth. God has sustained her since she was in my womb. At 26 weeks gestation my body was in preterm labor and I spent the next 9 weeks on bed rest (we had just moved to a new home and  Blessing #1 was only a little over 10 months old!). God preserved her little body and born only 3 weeks early she was healthy and weighed 9 pounds! Satan had sought to seek and destroy yet God protected (John 10:10 says  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full) God then used circumstances following her birth to bring me to repentance and to know Jesus as my savior. As a child Blessing #2 was saved and then baptized. God used the birth of Blessing #2 to give us life - a full life. It amazes me thinking on her birth story and how God used it to change the trajectory of our family and generations to come!

Our sweet girl has always been very tenderhearted - she cried watching the Bambi movie when she was about 2 1/2 years old (we didn't think they would catch on to Bambi's mom dying). She is meek yet strong willed (when needed), kind, persistent and determined. Ever since she was 8 or 9 years of age she has wanted to be a missionary to China. This summer the desire of her heart became a reality as she went on her first trip to China and the love she has had for the people there was deepened.

Blessing #2 you are a blessing and a dream come true that some day I would have a little girl that I could dress in pink and do her hair. I will never forget the moment I seen you and how beautiful you were and all the hair you had when you were born! I have loved watching you grow and mature through these years. God has done so much in your life and this year has been a year of major spiritual growth for you. I am excited to see what He has planned for you this year as you continue seeking Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment