The Lord is our Portion

The Lord is our Portion

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

I get by with a lil help from my friends....

In our world today so many people are "too busy" or are more concerned about their needs or wants to take the time to care for or invest in people. God is never to busy and sees our needs and won't leave us hanging to navigate this life alone...so I have been reflecting about the wonderful dear women God has brought in my life - especially throughout this past year and a half and I am very thankful.

I am so grateful for the adoptive mom friends. Being an adoptive momma can be draining at times. Also, sometimes isolating because often no one gets our kids, you loose friends (its hard to stay connected when you barely have time to breathe some days), you don't want to share the trials with people outside your home because of fear of rejection or maybe you already have been rejected and don't want to experience that again. These friends - adoptive mommas have been a life breathing source for me...we get it, we get each other, we get the chaos that comes from adopting, we can cry with or in front of each other, be quiet together, we text each other encouragement, we go to retreats together (or run them), or go to mom's day out, we take dinner to each other, we support one another to carrying on with this huge calling God has given us, we pray for one another, we have no expectations of each other, we understand if we can't call or if it takes 2 days to reply to a text, we are there in crisis, we comfort each other, and love unconditionally.

This year two monthly support groups were started in our area. That has been a blessing meeting so many great people. There is so much to be said about community. We have really enjoyed these evenings and the fellowship outside of the groups that we have with them also.
My sweet friends from the Thursday embrace adoption group I will never forget how you listened to me and prayed for us and we would not be where we are at today without the two of you in my life.

To the sweet woman at the adoptive moms retreat who felt impressed to pray for women and had an announcement that there would be prayer that afternoon - I was the only one who came for prayer. You told me that God did that for me - He impressed me on your heart to intercede for our family.... out of all the women there (almost 300) and I knew immediately when I heard the announcement I had to go for prayer.You dear sweet lady, I will be eternally grateful that day changed my heart and let me see God was in the midst of this and our lives have changed since that day.

The wonderful Godly biblical counselor (ACBC) who weekly impressed Gods truths on my heart every week for a few months. She helped me to see that my despite my trust issues from my upbringing I can trust and believe in God and His plans for me are not to harm me but to make me look like Jesus. God is trustworthy and he has not nor will He ever abandon me I am not forgotten by Him and He is never too busy to care about me. He is my Abba Father.

Also, the sweet women (and men) we serve with weekly at the food pantry who hug us, love my kids, even agree to be interviewed for college papers and help her with it, you pray for us, send texts to us and even offered to let us stay at your home when our heater needed to be repaired. Thank you for loving us and also for sharing your struggles with us so that we can pray for you. There is something so sweet about serving together this way - it is a wonderfully run ministry our family is so glad to help at.

For my sister and non-adoptive momma friends I love you all too. This year you have listened, encouraged, supported, respected decisions we made for our family, prayed for us, met me and/or my girls for coffee and/or dinner or shopping, loved us unconditionally and challenged me to keep going and growing in this calling.

As the song says, "I get by with a lil help from my friends..." I am forever thankful for you all and look forward to spending eternity with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment